Wednesday, February 16, 2005
I wonder who checks my blog, now that i don't update my blog on a regularly basis. But for those who still are interested about my life, and have been visiting my blog religiously, i've got a piece of news to share with you guys.
I failed my driving.
I wasn't even ready to talk about this just yesterday, but i guess i'm feeling better today. I was at the pinnacle of disappointment. This familiar feeling i had when i realised i couldn't make it to a JC for the first three months, i don't know what the link is, oh wait, yes DISAPPOINTMENT. I wanted the driving license so so bad. The driving test isn't anything like A levels, piano exam, nor a speech and drama exams. For all that i've mentioned, you know that you will ace it, if you really put in effort. And as for driving, i don't know man. There's simply nothing you could do, to even try to ace it or anythign like that. What really made me feel so down was a damn IMMEDIATE FAILURE. It hit me so fucking hard. Here's what happened:
My warm up before the test at 12.30pm, i was doing the slope at first, and the car rolled back an inch, cuz i had difficulty lifting the handbrake, nonetheless, i managed to overcome the slope, and didn't think that i would have problem with the slope. During test, the slope was the FIRST ITEM!. And while trying to move off from the slope, there was no fucking way i could lift the damn handbrake. For 4 attempts, the car rolled back each time i lifted the handbrake. I almost teared. When the tester offered to assist me, I knew i was so doom. So, only on the 5th attempt, i've managed to move on. I have no idea why shit like this could ever happen. This has never occured to me during lessons at or, nor warm up. I don't know. Call it sheer luck. Pissed and irritated, i knew i was so gonna fail, when he said the car rolled back more than 2m. And by rule, if the car moves back more than 1m, it consitutes an immediate failure. Fuckign shit. And for some reason, although he knew i already failed the first damn item of the test, he still asked me to go ahead with the other circuit shit and road training. URGHHH. 1 immediate failure, 20 demerit ppoints. I could've passed with 14 demerit points if i didn't have problem with the fucking slope!!!!
I felt so horrid, and got my dad to pick me up immediately. Cuz i knew if i were to go home by myself, i would've burst out crying on the bus or something. The momemnt i got into my dad's car, starting sobbing like hell. bah. So pissed. but i don't know at whom you see. I can blame myself if i mount a curb, i can blame the cyclist if he accidentally cuts into my lane. but who the fuck do i blame if i can't release the handbrake? The car? Urgh. Gotta waste fucking 300 odd bucks, waste time, and the next time will only be in April. Pfft.
I don't know if i'm some sorta stubborn person who doesn't believe in 'falls'. As in, disappointments, falls whatever.I always believe in getting what i want. And i make sure i bloody get it. I don't set sky high expectations for myself, but at least i get what i want, to make me happy. But as for damn driving licence, urgh, its so unpredictable, unlike grades. Feck. Someone once told me, God gives what you need, and not what you want. I wonder how true is that.
And becuz of feeling in the dumps and shit like that, good old Ken has agreed to burn me allllllllllll the episodes of Desperate Housewives. Ain't he sweet?
14th feb wasn't anything big or elaborated for me this year, since it's our 3rd, don't see why we should make it all fancy and expensive. We celebrated the day before, a Sunday at Pasir Ris Beach. Glad i didn't have to plan anything, cu zi would bloody hate it. He brought a groundmat (how thoughtful), and we just sat by the beach, lazing around, taking pics, listening to ipod, talkign cock, and i can't rem what else. No didn't make out, if you're wondering. We would if there was a tent. hah. i'm just kidding.
Here are some pics:
![]()
Ken and his old man shades

What he got me for Vday

And this too, apparently, some foam maker for coffee/milk.
I failed my driving.
I wasn't even ready to talk about this just yesterday, but i guess i'm feeling better today. I was at the pinnacle of disappointment. This familiar feeling i had when i realised i couldn't make it to a JC for the first three months, i don't know what the link is, oh wait, yes DISAPPOINTMENT. I wanted the driving license so so bad. The driving test isn't anything like A levels, piano exam, nor a speech and drama exams. For all that i've mentioned, you know that you will ace it, if you really put in effort. And as for driving, i don't know man. There's simply nothing you could do, to even try to ace it or anythign like that. What really made me feel so down was a damn IMMEDIATE FAILURE. It hit me so fucking hard. Here's what happened:
My warm up before the test at 12.30pm, i was doing the slope at first, and the car rolled back an inch, cuz i had difficulty lifting the handbrake, nonetheless, i managed to overcome the slope, and didn't think that i would have problem with the slope. During test, the slope was the FIRST ITEM!. And while trying to move off from the slope, there was no fucking way i could lift the damn handbrake. For 4 attempts, the car rolled back each time i lifted the handbrake. I almost teared. When the tester offered to assist me, I knew i was so doom. So, only on the 5th attempt, i've managed to move on. I have no idea why shit like this could ever happen. This has never occured to me during lessons at or, nor warm up. I don't know. Call it sheer luck. Pissed and irritated, i knew i was so gonna fail, when he said the car rolled back more than 2m. And by rule, if the car moves back more than 1m, it consitutes an immediate failure. Fuckign shit. And for some reason, although he knew i already failed the first damn item of the test, he still asked me to go ahead with the other circuit shit and road training. URGHHH. 1 immediate failure, 20 demerit ppoints. I could've passed with 14 demerit points if i didn't have problem with the fucking slope!!!!
I felt so horrid, and got my dad to pick me up immediately. Cuz i knew if i were to go home by myself, i would've burst out crying on the bus or something. The momemnt i got into my dad's car, starting sobbing like hell. bah. So pissed. but i don't know at whom you see. I can blame myself if i mount a curb, i can blame the cyclist if he accidentally cuts into my lane. but who the fuck do i blame if i can't release the handbrake? The car? Urgh. Gotta waste fucking 300 odd bucks, waste time, and the next time will only be in April. Pfft.
I don't know if i'm some sorta stubborn person who doesn't believe in 'falls'. As in, disappointments, falls whatever.I always believe in getting what i want. And i make sure i bloody get it. I don't set sky high expectations for myself, but at least i get what i want, to make me happy. But as for damn driving licence, urgh, its so unpredictable, unlike grades. Feck. Someone once told me, God gives what you need, and not what you want. I wonder how true is that.
And becuz of feeling in the dumps and shit like that, good old Ken has agreed to burn me allllllllllll the episodes of Desperate Housewives. Ain't he sweet?
14th feb wasn't anything big or elaborated for me this year, since it's our 3rd, don't see why we should make it all fancy and expensive. We celebrated the day before, a Sunday at Pasir Ris Beach. Glad i didn't have to plan anything, cu zi would bloody hate it. He brought a groundmat (how thoughtful), and we just sat by the beach, lazing around, taking pics, listening to ipod, talkign cock, and i can't rem what else. No didn't make out, if you're wondering. We would if there was a tent. hah. i'm just kidding.
Here are some pics:
Ken and his old man shades

What he got me for Vday

And this too, apparently, some foam maker for coffee/milk.