Monday, January 10, 2005

Just A Random Thought

When you are in a relationship, or when you are going to be in a relationship, do you guys actually think about the future? What sorta future you may ask, well future like 10 yrs down the road. That sorta thing. It freaks me out, just as much as him to even think about the future or walking down the aisle. I'm the sort that would be just as happy the way things are not. I don't really think about the future. It's not like I don't have a long term plan or anythign like that, but life is simply too short for you to think about the future, so might as well treasure and be contented with whatever you have now. Am i making sense here? Or am i rambling incoherently?

I was talking to an old JC classmate of mine yesterday, and i asked him if he ever thought of marrying his gf of 3 mths. And this was what he said to me, "It'll be nice to get married, but i don't wanna think about this at the moment, its too complicating" I liked his reply.

Sometimes in life, its not that we don't wanna look far, but whats the point of looking far when you can't even be happy now. He said, "Don't take 10 steps if you can't even take 1 step". Very true indeed. He's so philosophical (my friend lah) I think whatever it is, just be contented with everything, and screw the future. Life is precarious, so why bother about what happens when you grow old etc. I mean, its always good to think of the future once in a while, but don't harp on it, and don't try to mould your own future. It'll never happen that way. If its meant to be, it will always be. Nothing can change that.

I really don't think about what sorta guy i would wanna marry, or who i wanna marry. But i tell myself, yes i wanna get married some day, but whoever this other half is, only time will tell. Suddenly the word 'marriage' scares me a little.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?