Thursday, January 27, 2005
I had a power-packed sleep last night. 10 hours without any disturbance, except for this stupid leg cramp in the morning. And i wonder why i had a leg cramp, i stretched too much? Bah
I was so tired for the past 2 days. First night, not being able to sleep because of my irritating cough, second day, for the most gruelling time of the semester. A 2hr lecture, followed by 6 hrs of lab work. Non stop.
Urgh. And i really hate lab work. 4 hrs of work just to extract DNA/RNA? I'm sure someone has invented something better like adding a magical chemical, and tada! there goes ur miniscule DNA/RNA pellet.
Prac yesterday was horrible. 6 hrs of shit, and lousy results. More like no results. Why? cuz the UV light didn't capture any bands. And what i have now is a blank piece of photograph. Fantastic. Yesterday, it was my first time using the nanospectrometer. It's the coolest thing ever. All you need, is like 1.5 micro litre (prob 1/20 the size of a raindrop), you place whatever solution you have on this metal plate (the size of a bead), and it measures the concentration as well as the nucleic acid/protein ration. How cool is that! I love it. And i love the mini centrifuge machine in front of me.
My friend suggested having a party in the lab. An insane suggestion as you can see. She said we could use centrifuge machine to mix drinks, incubation machine to warm drinks, and those those plastic tubes to contain our shots. Hah. Psycho.
My cough is so much better. I went to the campus clinic, and it costs me $1.50, inclusive of consultation and medicine. Whee! And i'm all ready to go jogging again.
I was watching Desperate Housewives on monday. I love that show. Then i was talking to K over the phone, he said i was like Bree, that ugly and crazy perfectionist. I don't think he meant the ugly part, but rather the perfectionist part. He said i'm so like her. Maybe i am. I expect so much, i always want things my way, i always want things to go perfectly smooth etc. He's right about me. Screw expectations! They only make you miserable.
Tues was my first Bahasa Indo class. It was quite fun. A little stupid though, like how we have to repeat whatever she said. That's so Chinese lesson in primary school.
I've learnt stuff like:
Apa Khabar (actually i knew this all the while): How are you?
Baik-baik saja: I'm doing great
Siapa ini: Who is this?
Anda dari mana: Where are you from?
Ayo, masok: Pls come in
pisang gorengnya enak: The pisang goreng/goreng pisang is good.
Kembali: Welcome
Haha. okay, this sounds really stupid. But whatever. At least i can speak abit. Can you?
I'm off now!
I was so tired for the past 2 days. First night, not being able to sleep because of my irritating cough, second day, for the most gruelling time of the semester. A 2hr lecture, followed by 6 hrs of lab work. Non stop.
Urgh. And i really hate lab work. 4 hrs of work just to extract DNA/RNA? I'm sure someone has invented something better like adding a magical chemical, and tada! there goes ur miniscule DNA/RNA pellet.
Prac yesterday was horrible. 6 hrs of shit, and lousy results. More like no results. Why? cuz the UV light didn't capture any bands. And what i have now is a blank piece of photograph. Fantastic. Yesterday, it was my first time using the nanospectrometer. It's the coolest thing ever. All you need, is like 1.5 micro litre (prob 1/20 the size of a raindrop), you place whatever solution you have on this metal plate (the size of a bead), and it measures the concentration as well as the nucleic acid/protein ration. How cool is that! I love it. And i love the mini centrifuge machine in front of me.
My friend suggested having a party in the lab. An insane suggestion as you can see. She said we could use centrifuge machine to mix drinks, incubation machine to warm drinks, and those those plastic tubes to contain our shots. Hah. Psycho.
My cough is so much better. I went to the campus clinic, and it costs me $1.50, inclusive of consultation and medicine. Whee! And i'm all ready to go jogging again.
I was watching Desperate Housewives on monday. I love that show. Then i was talking to K over the phone, he said i was like Bree, that ugly and crazy perfectionist. I don't think he meant the ugly part, but rather the perfectionist part. He said i'm so like her. Maybe i am. I expect so much, i always want things my way, i always want things to go perfectly smooth etc. He's right about me. Screw expectations! They only make you miserable.
Tues was my first Bahasa Indo class. It was quite fun. A little stupid though, like how we have to repeat whatever she said. That's so Chinese lesson in primary school.
I've learnt stuff like:
Apa Khabar (actually i knew this all the while): How are you?
Baik-baik saja: I'm doing great
Siapa ini: Who is this?
Anda dari mana: Where are you from?
Ayo, masok: Pls come in
pisang gorengnya enak: The pisang goreng/goreng pisang is good.
Kembali: Welcome
Haha. okay, this sounds really stupid. But whatever. At least i can speak abit. Can you?
I'm off now!