Sunday, December 26, 2004
X'mas
Its always the Eve of a festive that seems more fun than the actual day itself.
On X'mas Eve, me and K went over to one of his friend's Uncle's place at Bedok South for dinner. We waited for him to pick us up from the train station, cuz you know, damn private estates, you really have to walk in alot. His dad came in an SLK. Whee. Okay, to date, I've sat in a Jaguar, a beetle, an Eston Martin, 5 Series BMW, SLK, And one of those posh Merc. Oops, and i've digressed. The host treated us with utmost hospitality. The food was so good. They had cathering from Jack's Place. The deco was simply immaculate. Although their porch wasn't very big, they had tables with nice table cloths, balloons etc etc. And when I walked into the house, they had a huge X'mas tree which was way taller than me. It was buffet style, not on paper plates but the normal glass plates. They had Salmon in this really good sauce, braised pork, the usual fried rice/noodles, sushi, salad, satay, CRAYFISH, er...and prawn fritters. All in all, a hearty dinner. Though we didn't know like 98.9% of the ppl there, but everyone there was so friendly, including their neigbours. His uncle has a very cute neighbour! Oh damn it. K caught me stealing a glimpse of him.
After that, the plan was to go to Wala Wala to meet K's friends. One of his friends called him to tell him that there will be cover charge today. Argh. Fucking $20 with ONE DRINK!. I was so so reluctant to pay i tell you. I've whined my way down from Bedok all the way to Holland V about being hesitant to go Wala. Haha, only to get K paying for my cover. Double Whee.
The UnXpected Band performed that night. Wala went through some kinda renovation. Their tables are unmovable. Well, pretty good performance actually. With us were Greg/Marcus, Risshe and gf, and I don't know the rest. I never knew what it was to be with Greg & K. Too monkeys shouting their hearts out to everysong. Swaying side ways. They would convince me that they are fans of Celine Dion or something if they had those light sticks in their hand. Er...Yeah. We stayed there till 2am. The band performed stuff by Bryan Adams, Carpenters, Maroon 5, REM, Train, to RHCP, some really old sch rock, probably ACDC and their really irritating sounding X'mas song which they made up. Hur
Left Holland V ard 2.15am. 5 of us managed to squeeze into a cab. Triple Whee
Thats my Eve for ya.
X'mas day..is really nothing without you guys. No sleep overs, no cooking/bitchign session. I stayed home on X'mas after visiting my grandfather's house. Bah
Come monday, me and K are going to the Water Theme Park. Then we'll be going to his house to cook. He'll be inviting some friends over. Lets just say, its a post-x'mas dinner sorta thing
p/s: I'll post up the damn pics when my camera decides to be more obedient
Till then.
On X'mas Eve, me and K went over to one of his friend's Uncle's place at Bedok South for dinner. We waited for him to pick us up from the train station, cuz you know, damn private estates, you really have to walk in alot. His dad came in an SLK. Whee. Okay, to date, I've sat in a Jaguar, a beetle, an Eston Martin, 5 Series BMW, SLK, And one of those posh Merc. Oops, and i've digressed. The host treated us with utmost hospitality. The food was so good. They had cathering from Jack's Place. The deco was simply immaculate. Although their porch wasn't very big, they had tables with nice table cloths, balloons etc etc. And when I walked into the house, they had a huge X'mas tree which was way taller than me. It was buffet style, not on paper plates but the normal glass plates. They had Salmon in this really good sauce, braised pork, the usual fried rice/noodles, sushi, salad, satay, CRAYFISH, er...and prawn fritters. All in all, a hearty dinner. Though we didn't know like 98.9% of the ppl there, but everyone there was so friendly, including their neigbours. His uncle has a very cute neighbour! Oh damn it. K caught me stealing a glimpse of him.
After that, the plan was to go to Wala Wala to meet K's friends. One of his friends called him to tell him that there will be cover charge today. Argh. Fucking $20 with ONE DRINK!. I was so so reluctant to pay i tell you. I've whined my way down from Bedok all the way to Holland V about being hesitant to go Wala. Haha, only to get K paying for my cover. Double Whee.
The UnXpected Band performed that night. Wala went through some kinda renovation. Their tables are unmovable. Well, pretty good performance actually. With us were Greg/Marcus, Risshe and gf, and I don't know the rest. I never knew what it was to be with Greg & K. Too monkeys shouting their hearts out to everysong. Swaying side ways. They would convince me that they are fans of Celine Dion or something if they had those light sticks in their hand. Er...Yeah. We stayed there till 2am. The band performed stuff by Bryan Adams, Carpenters, Maroon 5, REM, Train, to RHCP, some really old sch rock, probably ACDC and their really irritating sounding X'mas song which they made up. Hur
Left Holland V ard 2.15am. 5 of us managed to squeeze into a cab. Triple Whee
Thats my Eve for ya.
X'mas day..is really nothing without you guys. No sleep overs, no cooking/bitchign session. I stayed home on X'mas after visiting my grandfather's house. Bah
Come monday, me and K are going to the Water Theme Park. Then we'll be going to his house to cook. He'll be inviting some friends over. Lets just say, its a post-x'mas dinner sorta thing
p/s: I'll post up the damn pics when my camera decides to be more obedient
Till then.